Saturday, May 12, 2012

Portfolio


One of the biggest signs that a person is a web developer is that their site is either constantly changing or completely neglected. Rarely is it a stable or reliable place. I used to fall into the constantly changing category, but now I seem to have slipped into the neglected category. I find more and more that I need service and not a fully functional site. I get more out of twitter and blogger than I ever would have out of a custom site. I don’t need to worry about security updates or any type of general maintenance. The one area that I have been lacking in lately has been a portfolio section. I want a simple professional portfolio, but I don’t want to build or maintain one. Most of the web applications I have found are very focused on photographers and don’t seem to work for my purposes. Today I found carbonmade, a simple and effective portfolio hosting site. I have placed my portfolio on the site and I’m very happy with it. I have not dug deep yet, but the one glaring problem I see is no way to share the portfolio. I need a widget. I will make something custom and static, but it is unfortunate that they don’t offer anything. Considering the amount of time they are saving me though, I won’t complain too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment